Red Cross volunteers from all across the Eastern New York Region are mobilizing to help people affected by Hurricane Matthew. Both long-time disaster responders and brand new trainees are answering the call after this major storm that has affected people from Florida to the Carolinas.
Local news stations have been catching up with many of these volunteers, both before their departures and during their deployments. We’re pleased to share links to just a few of these stories that capture the amazing selflessness and service of our dedicated disaster volunteers:
- Mid-Hudson Valley volunteer Charlie Diorio interviewed on NEWS10
- Northeastern New York volunteer Gail Butler interviewed on CBS6
- Multiple volunteers interviewed at Albany Airport on CBS6
- Northeastern New York volunteer Joe Sartoris interviewed in the Glens Falls Post Star
- Mid-Hudson Valley volunteer Pat Fecher interviewed in the Register-Star
We continue to seek additional volunteers from our region to support the ongoing response to Hurricane Matthew. Visit our website or call your local Red Cross chapter for more information, including upcoming training dates for disaster responders.
To help people affected by Hurricane Matthew, visit redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS or text the word MATTHEW to 90999 to make a $10 donation.